The assignment utilizing the features of Google Maps I would use would be to have my students create a map of places mentioned in a song of their choice. For older students, I could have them research a composer and use placemarks to note where they were born, where they studied and so forth.
The example I created is aligned with the places mentioned in the song “This Land Is Your Land.” The chorus of the song focuses on places on the west coast and the east coast, pointing out how vast the U.S. is. “…From California, to the New York islands. From the Redwood forest to the Gulf Stream waters…”
This is an example of a map that could be created to correspond with "This Land is Your Land."
View This Land in a larger map
What a great song/map combo!
ReplyDeleteI like your idea of using a song to create a map! I think the students would enjoy it too.
ReplyDelete