OpenOffice is a suite I've used in the past. I didn't have the money to purchase Microsoft Office, so I used OpenOffice instead. Most toolbars and shortcuts are exactly the same between OpenOffice and Microsoft Office. You can save documents in Office format so you can open them elsewhere- this was the most essential option for me. It is definitely a suite worth checking out if you, or your school, need to find a cheaper option.
CamStudio This tool great! We have it installed on all of our computers at school, but haven't had much time to mess around with it. After taking just a few minutes to explore the various options, I can see it is really simple to use. I was screencasting in about a minute after I downloaded the program. You can choose to record a fixed region or full screen, record audio, autopan, and many other options. Check out how to download it for yourself at CamStudio.org
Picnik.com This is also a great, easy to use tool. After accessing the website (no need to register!), you follow the tabs at the top of the page to edit your picture. First, upload a picture. Then you can edit (crop, resize, etc.) and create (focus, sepia, etc.). Lastly, you just save that image to your PC or portable drive. (If you’re an avid photo-editer, you can upgrade to Premium Picnik for only $25 a year, or you can pay for a month or for 6 months.) Here are some examples:

No comments:
Post a Comment